Tuesday, March 2, 2010

TAKE UP THE OPPORTUNITY

Well here's the story so far........



For days that annoying little voice kept prompting me. You know the one!

Over the last twenty (something) years I have dabbled with a) painting faces, b) tying balloons. So when that little voice began yelling at me to hunt out the face painting kit I tried to ignore it. How did I know what path I would soon be jumping onto? Did I rush to do this then? Well let me tell you I have now.


As it turned out I was to travel down to Melbourne, Australia with a consumer for a medical appointment. At the end of this we were to return home.But the friend of, and the consumer, wanted afternoon tea before saying good bye. They were dropped off and I parked the car. When walking back to the cafe I happened upon a small counter display of Acrylic paints. How I saw this display I've yet to work out. I went in to the shop and spoke to Bee.

The upshot of the discussion had me travelling back to Melbourne on the 21st September 2009. Bee [of Be Gossip] and I arranged for face painting to be available outside Be Gossip as the crowds walk past to get into the Grand Final of the 2009 Footy season.


Important aspects of community development are to do the back ground work. Bringing forth and include life skills of all the participants is necessary.Tapping into each participants desire to learn more, do more, see more is another necessary step. To have fun and be creative is a key factor.

Be and I have knotted out the main aspects of the day. I have two days to sort out a window display re advertising and costs. They face paints are update [ yes I did listen in that I left money to actually purchase more face paints] The car has been purchased, has a road worthy and is registered.Parking will be sorted out on the day. Staff have been found for the face painting, photo taking, Girl Guide Biscuit selling, crowd control, food requirements of staff etc. Face painting skills and tricks will be updated.


I am bringing a Monash Art student down and a Compass Award participant. Both are increasing their skills levels. Both will be having a time of their life as they quickly put the face-painting training into practice.

Bee knows two teenagers who will assist as well. All of the teens are computer savy. So the snapping of people's faces, their friendships, rivalries and their face paintings, then the creating of scrap book pages, and emailing these photos should be a challenging activity for them to keep occupied with.



All that remains is the weather. And that I have no control over. But should the opportunity present itself please take the opportunity to come, visit and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment